5 (150 g) large egg whites, room temperature
2 tsp (8 ml) vanilla extract 1 ¼ c (250 g) granulated sugar ½ c (85 g) chopped bittersweet chocolate ½ c (71 g) salted macadamia nuts, chopped Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 225°F (107°C) with two racks set evenly spaced in the middle positions. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In the mixing bowl of the Hamilton Beach CPM800 stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites and vanilla extract on medium-high speed until foamy, 50-60 seconds. Add granulated sugar slowly in a steady stream. Scrape down the bowl and continue beating until the meringue is shiny and very soft peaks form, 30-40 seconds.
3. Spoon the meringue onto the prepared cookie sheets in 1½- to 2-inch (4- to 5-centimeter) dollops.
4. Bake until firm and lightly browned, about 2 hours. Remove and let cool completely.
5. Once the cookies are cooled, place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until the chocolate is melted.
6. Dip the cookies in the melted chocolate so one half is coated and sprinkle with macadamia nuts. Place the cookies on a cookie sheet. Let stand until set. Yield 30 cookies.
Discover all Hamilton Beach Commercial’s equipment solutions for bakeries.
Contact a Mirkovich representative today to learn more.